Saturday, February 11, 2012

All that I have... from the floor up!

Last night I was having an emo momment... As you do.

I was sitting on the floor in the corner of my lounge room
(only because that's where my iPhone was charging)
and I started thinking about stuff... Then I zoned out & looked up.
Not right up to the roof but above eye level.
And it hit me
I came crashing into the momment
(it was quite surreal)
Look at what I have... Look how far I've come.
Right in front of me was my couch.
Not any old couch, not someone elses couch, I was looking at MY couch in MY home.
My couch because I'm not a kid looking in & dreaming of one day having a home and a couch.
My couch because I am that kid all grown up into an adult and adults have couches.
These 4 walls, all be it aren't mine but they hold everything I do own.

I have created a life and a home for myself and my boys within these bricks & mortar and it's all ours.
The toys, the bookcase, the beds, our clothes it's all ours.
I had such an overwhelming sense of pride & accomplishment that I shed a few tears.
We are so so lucky!

We dont have fancy stuff but what we have is amazing & it works.
I love the space I am creating more & more every day.
It really is the small things, the cushions on the couch, the pictures on the walls, the decorating.
All these things make our home comfy and cosy all these things make our house a home.
And of course the thing that makes our home absolutly complete Is the fact the 3 of us are all here together.
Not only do these 4 walls hold our materialistic things, they hold our irreplaceable things, they hold us, they hold our love, they hold our tears & hold our memories.

And all of this came from sitting on the floor over in the corner looking at life from a different perspective.
I think I'll start sitting on the floor some more it's such an amazingly beautiful view.

So you probably all think I'm crazy ;) but honestly...
Do it. Go on. Go sit on the floor in the corner. Look up. What do you see?

P.s my laptop has the lurgi ;) so some of my posts will be done on my iPad unless the boyfriend has leant me his laptop (he's pretty awesome like that) so they will look a little different.


post signature